Sofirn SP31 V2.0 review. Hard light to beat.

I wasn't sure if I would like this light. Sure, I was lit by the SP32A & SP32A V2.0 lights, but they're single button lights, and I love simple single button lights.  This is not. However, this light has something special under the hood. The CREE XP-L HI to be exact. Known as a dedomed thrower led, it's not a common find in the slim body, small reflector, EDC 18650 lights that everyone is making these days. Let's face it, it's true.

Well, I like this light. Despite a few minor nuances. :)

As with most Sofirn lights, you can order just the light, or the kit. With the kit you get:

The light.
The box
O rings
Battery
Single bay charger
USB Cable
Lanyard
Clip

Trust me, the kit is worth it! And because I keep buying Sofirn kits, I'm amassing a small army of single bay chargers.


 A pic of the charger in action.


I'm not typing as much in this review, so here's the pertinents from the manual.


Again, I have not the tools to  measure regulation. But Sofirn seems to have some great drivers in the lights as regulation in most modes is flat.

Again, this light has a steller CREE XP-L HI in it! Neutral(ish)

A few fore and aft photos.

Let's look at some modes...


 And finally, some beamies!!


Final summary:

Two things I don't like:

No electric lockout.
No tailstand.

**EDIT: The light can tailstand, but light must be switched on. Thank you, Zoe.

Everything else, GREAT LIGHT!
Like I said, I wasn't sure how I would like it. I use my lights in the field, and more than 1 button is a bane to me. This light pulls it off.
In addition, the beam profile is to my liking, nice, tight hotshot with plenty of flood.

 Eventually, all my Sofirns will be up for the long term reviews I do. And if these have a weakness, the true wilderness WILL find it.

 Buy with confidence. See em at Amazon!


Comments