Olight S1 MINI Baton initial review.

I've been fortunate. Fortunate to be slowly getting into an industry that I can really sink my teeth into. This light makes me think about that. And sometimes an industry player, Like Olight, just knocks the ball out of the park.

Say hello to the Olight S1 MINI Baton.

Being a Fenix fan, I anxiously awaited this lights arrival. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. And if you look on online, there's plenty of hype. After opening the package, and watching it utterly wreck one of my beloved Fenix lights in just about every aspect, yes, it's earned the hype. This light IS that good. 


The signature blue bezel.


Blue button.


You get:
The light.
A REALLY nice lanyard with a cordlock.
A 16340 micro USB rechargeable battery.
A micro USB cable for charging.
Two way beltclip.
Manuals.
Threading needle for the lanyard.
.




If you follow me, you'll remember the review I did on my Fenix HM50R Headlamp, and how I spoke about the tiny size of it, here's a side by side of it. It's about an entire half inch shorter than the HM50R!

And it weighs in at about 1.5 ounces, make it about 2 ounces with the battery.

So, let's see some numbers!!!

Moonlight mode: 0.5 lumen and will run for 15 days.
Low mode is 15 lumens and will run for 30 hours
Medium mode is 60 lumens and will run for 6 hours.
High mode is 330 lumens and will run for 60 minutes.
Turbo mode is 600 lumens, it will run one minute before stepping down to high mode.

It claims a beam range of 100 meters, or 328ft. I believe this to be very true. Some of the pictures I'll add in this blog show tree tops, which this light easily lit up at around 150ft out.

The light is rated at IPX8, Meaning waterproof to a few meters deep, constant submersion. This is a standard I demand in my lights.

Impact test drop height 1.5 meters. 

Tailcap is magnetic 

Let's look at some beamshots!

Massive Walnut tree. Base of three 35 feet away from me, tree hits over 60ft tall. Olight on Turbo mode. Impressive!


Yes, that's the light hitting that tree. Maple tree, 25 foot away, over 65ft tall. Olight on Turbo mode.




Basement picture. Far wall is 35ft away. The color rendition on this light is SUPERB! Next to the furnace look at the inspection tag, the color. See the red box below? I can't say enough about this lights color renditioning.

 This is a short, initial review. I will have a full review after I get this light out the woods more.

But, this light has shocked me. 
Let's see how it does in a pack for four days ;)

To be continued!










.


Comments

  1. so good for every time needed in dark areas truly glow lighting...
    http://www.cosmopolitanmechanical.com
    http://www.cosmopolitanmechanical.com/heating-service-areas-concord.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment