ThorFire C8S Initial review.

So, how many C8's did I have prior to this test? 0
Shame on me. Because these things are pretty awesome. Sure I had my hands on a similar CFW Customs LEO M1 light with an SST40 under the hood, but I can buy like, 6 of these for the price of one LEO M1 light. I mean, trust me, if I had the extra coin, I'd buy a CFW light In a heartbeat. But I don't, and this light performs closer than you think. I see why this light is loved by so many!


So, it's a bit of a thrower, that's for certain. But we'll chat about that later, let's see what you get :)

The light.
The lanyard.
Obligatory O-rings
Manual.
Box.

Let's break down the light a bit.


The C8S is an upgraded version for ThorFire. Looking at past models, one big change was the tail cap, and how easy it is to click the button, compared to older models.
The reflector is nicely milled out of aluminum.
The body feels nice, exceptionally solid. 
Threading is nice, works well.

These lights run @ 900 lumens with a CREE XM-L2.
It's a very simple UI. Press on, half press to cycle through modes, quick double tap to get strobe.
Memory for me seems to be next highest setting at turn on.  It's a simple, 5 mode light.

I don't have run times charts, ect for this. I'm not seeing that info out there very much. But my long term a few months from today will certainly have all that in it.


So, let's hit the last bit of my patrols for the day at one of our local parks!



Above trail kiosks on low, medium.
*************
Below: Trash can way out there. Well over 400ft. The pic after this I walked more than half the distance to that trash can, and took another pic. Although the camera doesn't show it well, I could easily see the trash can at over 400ft.

See it? haha! That first pic was way out!

Next" Kiosk at 80ish ft
Next, second white marker is over 400ft out. I'll measure it later

Next is a dead tree bordering park property. This is a big tree, pics taken about 60ft away,

Next is a tree stump, 35ft out.


Summary:

ThorFire did great with this. I love the tail cap button, I love the simple UI.
I love the form factor, fit and finish.
I love the throw!
I am keeping this initial review simple as I do plan on a followup review in two months.

Great Job, ThorFire. This light is fantastic!

Check them out @

https://www.thorfiredirect.com/

and on Amazon @

 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AOVLBWK/?keywords=led%2Bflashlight&th=1




Comments