Battle arena! Rofis R3 -VS- Epic amazon "thing" 10,000,000 lumen headlamp


"Oh that thing is ugly! -wifey" And with that, we welcomed the Amazon "Thing" to our humble abode. I call it the thing because I'm not exactly sure what else to call it. Besides, my reviews do need to be family friendly, after all.
But if the Amazon light is the "Thing" then the Rofis is like that mysterious guy in school, quiet, reserved, a little country, a little city, versatile, and an absolute badass. While the "Thing" is that absolute meathead that thinks he can do it all, but trips over his shoelaces trying.

So, am I going to bash a light here? YES.
The reason is this: The seller stated claims of what this light could do, which are mainly false. Strike for the seller. But the manufacturer NEGLIGENTLY left the 18650's to roll around in the box, along with a sharp metal bezel that fell off one of the things lamps, the bezel was sharp and could have created a short on one of the batts, you get where I'm going with this. They also claim the batts could hold 4200mAh....So, both seller and manufacturer get a "you suck" certificate.

Unlike a few out there that would sing praise to this light with a good review because,  you know, they're sellouts chasing a dollar, I won't. I will tear into any company with false claims and a bad product.

So, the entrants!
Amazon "Thing" headlamp
Claimed 10,000,000 lumens
Claimed IP68
***********
Rofis R3 "Transformer" headlamp
Claimed 1000 lumens
Claimed IP68




Well, yea man. That's a dog hair. Behind the lens, from my dog. I never took that center light apart.
It must be magic, or something.
Notice that all 5 lights have a tactical strike bezel? It because when you headbutt your opponent, you can gore him like a Rhinoceros, true story mang.



The test!
This one will be simple. A few beamies and a water intrusion test! Also note here, I'm NOT using the batteries that came with the "Thing" headlamp. Those batteries have been sent to the safe confines of my fire pit, 80ft away from my domicile. I'm doing a review, not re-creating Chernobyl, you know. I don't trust the damn things.  I'll use a few matched Fenix 18650's.

Enter the arena!
** Note the "Thing" is a T6 Zoomie, while the Rofis is not.  I'll try to adjust the beam that gives the Thing the best advantage it can get for the picture. 

Test 1. Kiddie pool for a my huge dog, orange pool, 60ft out.
Rofis R3
Amazon Thing


Test 2 Tree top 80ft away, tree top is 65ft high
 Rofis R3

Amazon Thing

Test 3 Bird bath close up 30ft
Rofis R3

Amazon Thing

Water intrusion. Bowl of water, dropped in for one minute, Scientific ASF.

Rofis R3
No intrusion on the Rofis at all, light was on during test.

Next is the thing... note that I forgot to snap a "while drowning" photo of, instead I have after action  pics, sorry for that.
Also, I did NOT test the Thing like this with batteries, I mean, I 'm dumb, but not stupid.

battery compartment flooded.

Water inside light bezels.

I'm thinking the guys who created the thing were on to a new discovery?! water cooling!!!

Summary!

Rofis winner by a brutal knockout, 5 seconds in,  Mike Tyson style. Hands down.
************
The Thing..

A perfect example of shady marketing by sellers AND manufacturers. Shame on you guys for promoting a product with such facetious marketing. Shame on you for creating a serious hazard with the batteries.

Hope you all enjoyed this train wreck of a review :)


Comments

  1. Very nice exposure of the typical junk you see all over the internet. Unfortunatley a lot of people get taken by these phony specs. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment