Rofis R1. The transformer lives.


I was pretty excited to get this light.
As a backpacker I love things that serve more than one purpose, or things that are versatile.
This light certainly hit it's marks with that.

Nice box!

So, here's what you get (I did forget the charging cable in this pic, and the clip is partially cut out) But I'm exhausted I digress.


So, you get:

Rofis R1 light
Silicone holder with headband
Nice clip
Magnetic charging cable
O rings
A 700mAh 16340 2.59Wh 3.7v battery
Manual

If anything sold me on this light, it's the sheer versatility. Want a pocket light? Got it. Want to clip it to your hat? Got it. Want a headlamp? Got it. Want a right angle light to attach to your pack? Got it. Want to work on your car, and need a magnetic based light? Got it. Want no fuss charging? Got it.

Pocket light mode. Lanyard is nice and plush, like an Olight lanyard
Clip is strong.
Between the right angle to straight up, the light is fully adjustable. It's butter smooth

.USB charging cable is no muss, no fuss, slap it on and it's powering it up.


So far:

Fit and finish is superb. The tolerances are spot on. The way the head rotates dictates this.  The threads are squared. I can't say enough about this. This light is nicely done.

some stats!

This light tips the scales, with the battery at 67g, or 2.36oz. This really surprised me, as much as this light has going on I expected more weight. A pleasant surprise indeed. But the weight doesn't appear to detract from the lights toughness.

Runtimes..
Moonlight mode: 0.5 lumens for 20 days.
Low: 10 lumens for 40 hours
Middle: 60 lumens for 7.5 hours
High: 300 lumens for 70 miutes
Turbo 900 lumens, steps down to 300 lumens for 30 seconds

The light has a very nice bezel, with AR glass, and a shallow reflector.

The light utilizes a Cree XM-L2 Led
The light is IPX8 rated@ 2M per FL1
Drop test 1M per FL1
5625cd(Max) per FL1
150M distance per FL1

At first I doubted the 900 lumen rating. It wasn't till I got the light outdoors that I believed it. The light is punchy, and it throws farther than I expected. I lit up a good area 80ft out with it nicely.
No real beam shots tonight as the snow pack we have is just screwing with my pictures. In terms of throw it sent my Fenix HM50R packing.

The beamies I did get...

Very cool white outer with a brownish warm center, that's it throwing like it does. Granted it's a short throw, but it smokes my other small headlamps.
But the tint perplexes me a bit . On the wall you can certainly see the cool white, with a spill of purple (AR lens?) but in the middle it gets downright brownish warm.

An interesting beam pattern. Outdoors the little guy came to life. I'm really going to work this light over when I review the Olight Mini, they're going in the woods in a week, we'll really run em through the paces.


Attached to a few of my packs :)

This little guy is VERSATILE!
It's possible that this guy may be one of my my small goto headlamps for backcounty trips.

Final thoughts until the big review.

My lord, this thing is nicely built.
Versatility.
Good runtimes.
Bright, that 900 lumens will throw some light out!
Easily hike-able at 60 lumens.
Magnetic charging!

It's a surprising light! And a true transformer.

It's the Rofis R1.







Comments